Hello, neighbors! Diane Witek here with the Wednesday issue of Smithtown Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Hot with lots of sun. High: 75, low: 55.
Here are the best stories today in Smithtown:
- Bellone, Suffolk County Director announcement Long Island Food, Beverage and Hospitality Career Fair. the Suffolk County Department of Labor and the Long Island Food Council will organize a food, beverage and hospitality career fair in Island harvest in Melville Tuesday October 19 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. (LongIsland.com)
- News day supports Wehrheim for Smithtown Supervisor. When Republican Edward R. Wehrheim primary Patrick vecchio of the Smithtown Supervisors’ race in 2017 and then won the general election, it marked a huge change in leadership, but not a break in continuity.
Vecchio had been a municipal overseer since 1977, and his 40 years in that position would be a record for the state. But Wehrheim, 73, of Kings Park, began working in the city’s parks department in 1972, not retiring as director until 2003 to take on the council seat he had just won. (Newsday)
- Smithtown Police Blotter: Car stolen in the driveway. Grand larceny (third degree) was reported on Squire’s path in Smithtown. Someone stole a 2017 Maserati parked in a driveway on Route des Ãcuyers in Smithtown, police said. The keys were in the vehicle, police said. (Smithtown crest)
- 2021 Haunted House Guide: Ghosts and Scares are back this year, and we’ve found the best pro and hobbyist haunts on the island. With the coronavirus on the minds of many this fall, Halloween is still going to be different from years past. However, there will be more events this year than in 2020. There will be plenty of places where you can feel scares and screams, or enjoy family activities, as long as you follow safety precautions. (Long Island Crest)
Today’s Smithtown Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
- Smithtown Performing Arts Center: “ðððð ðð«ð¢ð¬ðð¨ðð! Kristoff can’t wait to see you all at Frozen Jr. this holiday season at SPAC. We might be biased BUT we think he’s the best ice cream harvester in the business! â£ smithtownpac.org #spac # longisland #frozen. ” (Facebook)
- Smithtown Historical Society: “Continue with our spotlight on our Adopt a Pet, It’s Bugsy program! This cuddly guy loves hanging out on the grass on sunny days when he finds one of his favorite treats, fresh dandelions.” (Facebook)
- Smithtown Historical Society: Join us for the final date of our fall lecture series – journalist and author Amanda M. Fairbanks shares the true story of the commercial fishing vessel Wind Blown and her 4 crew, missing since March 1984. ” (Facebook)
- Mt. Pleasant Elementary School PTA: “SEPTA meeting via Zoom tonight, Monday 10/18 – please see flyer for details! Thank you!” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
That’s all for today! I’ll see you soon. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Diane witek
About Me: Avid writer, web designer, social media marketer, and recently proclaimed Baker. Lovers of nature and animals of all kinds.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Smithtown Daily? I’m all ears. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.